How to Elope at Cape Kiwanda
Cape Kiwanda’s stunning sandstones and beautiful views make for one of the most romantic seaside spots to tie the knot in Oregon. Whether you love long walks along the beach or prefer to explore the nearby area with a hike, Cape Kiwanda offers a big variety of options for those looking for a seaside elopement. This stretch of shoreline is part of the Three Capes Scenic Route, along with Cape Meares and Cape Lookout.
Cape Kiwanda Elopement Locations
Cape Kiwanda has something for everyone: sweeping sand dunes, seaviews as far as the eye can see, cliffside viewpoints and long stretches of sand for strolling. This stretch of seaside beauty makes for a perfect elopement location for ocean-loving couples. The area can be popular during summer months, though, so I’d recommend coming during the week for a sunrise elopement whenever possible, especially if seclusion matters to you.
The Cape Kiwanda Natural Area has several amazing spots for a romantic Cape Kiwanda elopement. From atop Cake Kiwanda, you’ll find a nice lookout area with views of eroded yellow sandstone headland, the famous Haystack Rock off the coast and Cape Lookout. The stretch of beach by Haystack Rock can also make for a pretty beach elopement.
What to do During Your Cape Kiwanda Elopement
A Cape Kiwanda elopement offers plenty of opportunity to incorporate a little (or big!) dose of adventure to your big day. From a romantic horseback ride along the beach to ATV rides to a hot tub under the stars, here are some of the many ways you can enjoy your elopement:
- Rent ATVS and off road at the Sandlake Recreational Sand Dunes
- Get Spa Treatments at the Headlands Coastal Lodge
- Book a horseback ride on the beach with Green Acres
- Plan a romantic beach picnic with all your favorite snacks and foods.
- Finish your elopement in a hot tub under the stars with an ocean view
- Plan a beach bonfire after dark to toast to your union
- Go Dory Boat Fishing off the Oregon Coast
- Cheers to your wedding at Pelican Brewery overlooking Chief Kiwanda Rock
- Book a Mixology or Cooking Class
Best Time to Visit Cape Kiwanda
Cape Kiwanda is beautiful year-round, but the best time to visit will depend on what sort of weather you want for your Cape Kiwanda elopement. The summer has sweeping blue skies, and the winter may bring some fog and rain – magical in its own right!
Awesome Cape Kiwanda AirBnB’s
This modern Airbnb offers the most luxurious little getaway for your Cape Kiwanda elopement. I’ve completely fallen in love with these unbelievable views, and you will too!
These old, renovated Airstreams make for a cute, vintage spot for your elopement. The inside of these Airstreams make for amazing photos, and the steamy outdoor shower (with lots of steam!) will turn out SO great in your photos.
This spot along the coast is true to its name. Located in Cloverdale, Oregon, this Airbnb has the most GORGEOUS views of the coast (and Haystack Rock!) with floor-to-ceiling windows.
If you’re eloping in Cape Kiwanda, why not stay at this stunning spot in Pacific City right on the beach?! Complete with a patio facing the ocean, this beautiful house has stunning views of the pacific ocean.
This adorable beach home has the cutest interior and the location simply can’t be beat! A back patio has space for a cook-out, but the front patio to the side of the house offers a secluded hot tub spot facing the ocean – under the stars!
This luxury cabin on a hill above Haystack Rock gives me all the cabin chic vibes! The secluded patio has a spot for a backyard barbeque AND it has a cute hot tub, perfect for an under-the-stars moment with your new partner for life.
The Headlands Coastal Lodge and Spa offers both oceanfront rooms and oceanfront cottages for guests. No matter the room, all of them have views of the ocean and Haystack Rock. The oceanfront cottages come with patios or balconies and your own hot tub for those special secluded moments by the ocean.
Elopement Vendors near Cape Kiwanda
This Pacific City spot serves up some amazing casual-faire food, including burgers and tacos with plenty of fresh seafood.
Florists Near Cape Kiwanda
There aren’t many florists by Cape Kiwanda, but you can easily pick up your flowers in Portland and drive them down for your Cape Kiwanda elopement. This florist offers dreamy arrangements made with local flowers, perfect for your wedding day.
Like I said before, picking up flowers in Portland may just be your best option for a Cape Kiwanda elopement. Sammy’s Flowers offers some gorgeous, seasonal options for your bouquet.
Elopement Officiants Near Cape Kiwanda
Susie will help create a meaningful and memorable wedding day, no matter the type of wedding you want to have. Susie specializes as a ceremony guide and will collaborate with you to represent your authentic selves.
Celebrate your love, your way with Carolyn as your wedding celebrant and officiant. She’ll even work with you on making the perfect ceremony, whether that will be adding in songs or readings, and will help you pick vendors as well.
Where to Eat Near Cape Kiwanda
Pelican Brewery really is a one-of-a-kind spot. You can enjoy a fresh brew and casual bites of food while literally running your toes through the sand on the beach. Plus, there’s a beautiful view of rock formations and sand dunes.
The chefs at Meridian offer high-end food fresh from the sea and local farmers. While eating, enjoy views of Haystack Rock and the Pacific Ocean; you can even book a private balcony. The tasting menu offers a great variety of seasonal foods from the Pacific Northwest, too.
This coffee and bakery spot has a huge variety of espresso and brewed coffee as well as a number of tasty, sweet treats. They also serve up vegan, vegetarian and gluten free options.
Best Breweries Near Cape Kiwanda
Pelican Brewery may be one of the only breweries on this particular stretch of the coast, but it’s quite a spot! Like I said before, it’s got the best views of the ocean and sand dunes all while running your toes through the sand. Plus, the beer is pretty good too!
How to Get to Cape Kiwanda
Portland Airport is the closest airport to Cape Kiwanda. It’s about a two-hour drive from Portland to Cape Kiwanda. It’s a great option because you can pick up flowers or catering or other little details and drive them down to Cape Kiwanda for your elopement.
Example Cape Kiwanda Elopement Day Timeline
Nestled in Cape Kiwanda State Natural Area lies the most beautiful area of rolling sand dunes, just feet away from the parking lot. This sample itinerary has the couple spending the day on the coastline, with plenty of time booked for family and friends as well. Take a look at this sample timeline:
- 6 a.m.Wake up.
- 6:15 a.m. Walk across the street with your partner, hand-in-hand, to grab a coffee and some breakfast from the local Stimulus Café + Bakery. They have some amazing baked goods!
- 7:30 a.m. Take turns getting dressed in your Harts Camp Airstream.
- 8 a.m. Walk across the street, separately, and climb the Cape Kiwanda Dunes.
- 8:30 a.m. First Look at sunrise. Take some time to enjoy the moment and settle into the day together.
- 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Explore the Cape Kiwanda Dunes together and take portraits.
- 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Come down from the dunes and grab a beer and some fish and chips from the local Pelican Brewery. Invite your closest family and friends and play yard games at your Airstream.
- 4 p.m. Head back to the dunes for an epic sunset ceremony. You’ll have time to settle in, relax, say your vows, exchange rings, have your first dance and even pop some champagne. I’ll be there capturing all the beautiful moments, and as the sun sets, you can have a picnic.
- After party: once the ceremony is over, strike up a fire and unfold your camp chairs for a lovely night out. Or, warm up in an epic hot and steamy outdoor shower at your airstream.
Bonus: Everything in this itinerary is within walking distance, and you won’t need any cars!
PS. Cape Kiwanda is super dog friendly!
Cape Kiwanda Elopement Packages
What’s included in the Cape Kiwanda Elopement Package:
- Choose from 8, 12, 16 and 24 Hours of Photography Coverage
- High-Resolution Digital Images
- Full Printing Rights
- Online Gallery to share, download and print from
- All photographer travel fees included
- Assistance Planning Your Perfect Elopement Day
- Dream Big Questionaire
- Custom Elopement Location Lookbook
- Custom Elopement Location Timeline
- 90+ Page Elopement Guide Exclusively for JayneMayAgnes Couples
Cape Kiwanda Elopement Packages start at $3,800
A Cape Kiwanda elopement can be a gorgeous, romantic spot to tie the knot in an intentional, intimate way. This spot is one of my favorite places along the coast, and I can’t wait to help you plan the perfect Cape Kiwanda elopement. If you’re looking to elope at Cape Kiwanda (or you want advice about other elopement options in Oregon), shoot me an email and we can talk about it!