How to Elope in Bend Oregon
Bend is one of Oregon’s many not-so-hidden secrets, and it’s the most stunning place to marry the love of your life. From gorgeous mountain peaks to breathtaking waterfalls and beyond, there are plenty of places to explore the beautiful Oregon countryside and plan the perfect Bend Oregon elopement.
Table of Contents
Bend Oregon Elopement Locations
Bend is one of my favorite cities in Oregon, and when you plan your elopement here, you’ll see why. From Smith Rock State Park to Tamolitch Falls to Sparks Lake and beyond, there’s no shortage of breathtaking spots to tie the knot. I’m rounding up some of my all-time favorite spots here.
- Smith Rock State Park: Located in Oregon’s high desert, Smith Rock State Park has remarkable towering rock formations and jaw-dropping backdrops. This dramatic elopement location will be nothing short of extraordinary.
- Koosah Falls: Located along the McKenzie River in the Cascade Mountains, Koosha Falls is just a short hike from the parking lot. This towering fall drops 70 feet into a pool of blue.
- Sahalie Falls: Sahalie Falls is actually a short hike from Koosah Falls, so you can theoretically hit both in one day. You may recognize the waterfall, too, from the Disney Movie “Homeward Bound.” This fall is a quick hike from the parking lot, and it’s wheelchair accessible.
- Tamolitch Falls/Blue Pool: This breathtaking spot has made the rounds on social media for the blue pool’s absolutely crystal clear water. The area is an easy hike from the parking lot, and though the falls are normally only visible in the spring, the blue pool is beautiful year round – especially when there’s plenty of sunshine.
- Todd Lake: This lake is nestled in a glacial cirque in the Cascade Mountains range. Todd Lake is one of many alpine lakes accessible from the Cascade Lakes Highway, and at 6,150 feet elevation, one of the highest alpine lakes in the area. The 45-acre lake is surrounded by alpine meadows and fit forests, with a pretty view of Broken Top and Mount Bachelor.
- Sparks Lake: This pretty alpine lake is located 26 miles west-southwest of Bend in the Deschutes National Forest, along the Cascade Lakes Scenic Byway. You’ll be surrounded by fire forests and views of Broke Top, South Sister, and Bachelor Butte.
- Round Lake: Located about an hour from Bend, Round Lake is a hidden spot with plenty of beauty. You’ll have to drive on dirt roads for a while to arrive, but with a view of several mountain peaks, this lake makes for a beautiful ceremony spot.
Mountain Peaks (With a View!)
- Tumalo Mountain: This mountain in the Cascade Range is technically a shield volcano. Ice age glaciers carved a huge cirque into one side of the mountain, leaving a bowl that backcountry skiers access. There are plenty of spots in this area for a breathtaking backdrop.
- Mt. Jefferson: This stratovolcano in the Cascade Range is the second-highest mountain in Oregon and forms part of the Mount Jefferson Wilderness. This snow-covered peak makes for a stunning backdrop to your wedding.
- South Sister: South Sister is Oregon’s third-highest mountain, and the adventurous can hike part or all of the trail up to the summit (however, it is quite difficult!). Along the hike, there are beautiful spots with picturesque views to tie the knot in private.
- Broken Top: Located in the Cascade Volcanic Arc, Broken Top is a glacially eroded stratovolcano just southeast of Three Sisters peaks. It’s a stunning mountain, and there are so many hidden spots to elope in this area.
What to Do During Your Bend Oregon Elopement
Why not spend some time during your elopement weekend (or week) having a wonderful adventure? A Bend Oregon elopement offers plenty of fun activities for couples and small groups to enjoy, no matter the season.
Summer and Fall Elopement Activities
Summer is one of the best times to visit and explore Bend, Oregon. There’s something for everyone in this adventurous, lakeside town. Here are some of my top picks:
- Paddle board on Sparks Lake: this huge lake, with a stunning mountain backdrop, makes for the most unforgettable paddleboarding spot. On a sunny day, there’s no better activity to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Kayak along the Deschutes River: Spend half a day kayaking a section of the Deschutes River, a perfect activity for the outdoor enthusiast. You’ll get a chance to see mountain views and aspen groves from a new point of view.
- Horseback ride through the high desert: You can spend half a day (or a full day!) on horseback, exploring some of the beautiful landscapes near Bend Oregon. The high desert particularly has so many stunning views to offer.
- Mountain biking: There are so many spots to mountain bike near Bend, Oregon. If you’re interested in this, let me know and we can plan something together.
Winter Elopement Activities
- Ski Mount Bachelor: About 22 miles west of Bend Oregon, you’ll find the Mount Bachelor Ski Resort. If you love to ski, don’t miss the slopes on this stratovolcano, rising atop a volcanic shield.
- Snowmobile into your winter elopement location: This one makes me so excited for my couples! If you opt for a more remote location, you can rent a snowmobile to get to your final destination. Alternatively, you can rent snowmobiles to explore the local landscape before or after your wedding.
- Go snowshoeing: There are literally hundreds of snowshoeing trails around Bend, and what better way to enjoy winter than get out there and enjoy the uninterrupted snow? If you pack the right supplies, you can plan on a winter bonfire to top it all off.
Best Time to Elope in Oregon
The best time to visit Bend, Oregon, is the summertime. Once some of the late season snow has melted, you can enjoy the absolutely stunning wilderness surrounding the town. In my experience, June, July, August and September are some of the months with the best weather. In the summertime, you’ll be able to go hiking, rafting, cycling, fishing, paddleboarding, rock climbing, and SO. MUCH. MORE!
Where to Stay When You Elope in Bend Oregon
Bend, Oregon has so many unreal options for your elopement stay. Whether you’re looking for a sweet Airbnb or a beautiful resort, there are plenty of options for the perfect spot to enjoy your wedding weekend.
The coolest Airbnb options for your elopement in Bend, Oregon:
The most beautiful Bend, Oregon resorts for your elopement:
Bend Oregon Elopement Vendors
Just because you’re eloping, doesn’t mean that you have to forgo some of the best parts of a wedding. Pretty flowers? Gorgeous hair and make-up? The perfect wedding dress? You can truly have it all on your wedding day, and I’m here to help make it happen. Here are some of my favorite vendors for your elopement.
Bend Elopement Florists
Bend Hair + Make-Up
- Edge Hair and Makeup: one of the most popular spots for central Oregon makeup creating natural looks
- Makeup Mafia Weddings: this celebrity hair and make-up artists specializes in making her clients feel beautiful on their wedding day
- Blush Artistries: With 15 years of experience, Juliana focuses on detail-oriented wedding looks
Hire a Private Chef for your elopement
- Fire Fair Food Services: This organization will hire out private chefs to build gourmet dishes and create a restaurant-style experience, no matter your cuisine preference.
- Chef Ingrid: Chef Ingrid has been working in the culinary world for nearly two decades; she has tackled pretty much every cuisine and brings her experience to your kitchen.
- Pure Ingredients: The one-women chef behind Pure Ingredients can cook anything, but she also has pre-set menus with special dishes. She works with local, organic ingredients.
- L Is For Lavender: Personal chef Sarah looks to build unique experiences for her clients with an emphasis on healthy meals using fresh, local ingredients.
Bend Elopement Dress Shops
- The Bridal Suite: Stylists at the Bridal Suite will help you find a modern yet classic design for your gown.
- Bend Wedding & Formal: Find your dream dress (and tuxedo!) at this local shop, run by helpful and caring staff.
- Bespoke Bride: This bridal shop stocks modern dresses that still feel like traditional wedding dresses.
Where to Drink Beer in Bend, Oregon
*Bend is FOR eloping beer lovers, this is why I love Bend*
Bend, Oregon is known for their incredible breweries! There are SO many awesome spots to try out a new tasty sip and relax. Check out some of these unforgettable spots:
- Crux Fermentation Project, located in a former transmission repair plant with more than 20 taps
- Silver Moon: This simple brewpub has homemade beers, burgers, and sandwiches.
- 10 Barrel: A well-known brewery with an awesome outdoor space
- Boneyard Brewing: a down-to-the-basics brewery with Asian-Latin-American fusion food.
- Deschutes: Founded more than 30 years ago, this brewery is known for their Black Butte Porter and Mirror Pond Pale Ale.
- Sunriver: a family-owned brewery that serves up lighter beers with a hoppy twist
- Worthy Brewing: this huge brewery pairs tasty brews with creative pub food. Plus, it’s SUPER dog friendly!
- Goodlife: This spot prides itself on their balanced brews and craft ales with a distinct malt balance and hope aroma.
- Immersion: Enjoy house-brewed beers in a cool, rustic surroundings with plenty of picnic tables
- Monkless: this brewery follows the Monk tradition of brewing beer to a high standard.
How to Get to Bend, Oregon
The easiest way to get to Bend, Oregon is to fly into Portland International Airport and rent a car. Bend, Oregon is just a few hours from Portland by car, and the drive is so scenic (plus, you can stop at some pretty roadside spots along the way to ease into the journey!). This is a great option, too, because you will more than likely need a car to explore the surrounding area and visit your elopement location.
However, if renting a car doesn’t work for you, you can also get to Bend, Oregon by bus, or even fly into the airport at Redmond, just 20 miles north of Bend.
Bend, Oregon Elopement Packages
What’s included in each package:
- Choose from 8, 12, 16, and 24 Hours of Photography Coverage
- High-Resolution Digital Images
- Full Printing Rights
- Online Gallery to share, download and print from
- All photographer travel fees included
- Assistance Planning Your Perfect Elopement Day
- Dream Big Questionaire
- Custom Elopement Location Lookbook
- Custom Elopement Location Timeline
- 90+ Page Elopement Guide Exclusively for JayneMayAgnes Couples
Bend, Oregon Elopement Packages start at $3,800
A Bend, Oregon elopement can be a beautiful spot to tie the knot in an intentional, intimate way. Bend is one of my favorite places in Oregon, and I can’t wait to help you plan the perfect Bend elopement. If you’re looking to elope in Bend (or you want advice about other elopement options in Oregon), shoot me an email and we can talk about it!